Welcome to the rantings and ravings of a midlifer. Firstly, I think I should try to define middle age. Before hitting 40 I had considered that milestone to be middle aged, but now I realise that middle age is pretty much a state of mind. I have friends in their early 40′s who adopt an “oldish” approach to life. I also know people in their 60′s who could be mistaken for 45 – 50 if you were to talk to them with your eyes closed. I think that middle age or midlife begins and ends at different times for different people. So, loosely speaking, this blog is for all those who can relate to its content, whether you’re 30 years old or 80 years young – enjoy. Oh, and participate.
« So here we are. New blog. How exciting. Hello to all midlifers out there. We’re going to have some serious fun with this!
- Can I rise to the challenge?
- Flying the Nest
- Florence & The Machine – Dog Days Are Over
- Spring Lamb
- Corinne Bailey Rae – Paris Nights / New York Mornings
- In celebration of friendship, oh, and birthdays
- Midlife expectations too high?
- Midlife love this Valentines Day
- Midlife woman “glutened”
- Human hot water bottles on offer
- Winter boots for less than perfect midlife feet
- No Cake For Me
- Well, Yes, Sex Is Good For Your Health
- Winter balm for chapped lips
- Ice Swimming for Chinese Pensioners
Tagsboots British car children Christmas cold countryside daughter decade Family female Food friends guy health heels husband just justmidlife just midlife kids leather life man Men middle middle aged Midlife midlifer midlifers mother Music old rural sex smile targets teenagers time UK Video weather winter woman Women
Previous rants & raves
- Just back from very normal lovely no fuss pub meal. What a treat for Valentines. Can't stand a lot of unnecessary nonsense.********* 1 year ago
- Crazy blooming day. Will be glad when Mr B is back from London. Hoping he's got a pocketful of normality I can dip into!********* 1 year ago
- Not for me obvs. For daughter. Things have changed since my day!! Any ideas for antenatal classes Lincoln area wd be appreciated.********* 1 year ago
- Trying to find antenatal classes in Lincoln area. Apparently not readily available. Disappointed.********* 1 year ago
- Oh dear, no milk. Mr B will have to fetch some if he wants coffee.********* 1 year ago